Thursday, September 18, 2008

The tiniest savior?

Can Darren Sproles deliver us from (0-2) evil? Who knows, but I sure hope so. The tiny, talented sensation had 317 total yards and a pair of scores on Sunday. Can he do it again?

Meanwhile, the Derek Anderson train has slowed to a complete stop to repair some faulty brakes (Braylon Edwards) and in anticipation of stormy weather ahead (New York Giants, at Washington, at Jacksonville, Baltimore). (This shaky and poor metaphor has no relation to the time my family spent eight hours stuck on a side rail in Wilmington, Del., after our Amtrak train for New Orleans hit a shopping cart on the rails.) No, it doesn't help that the Browns' defense can't get off the field.

Answers anyone? The best possible answer for my floundering fantasy team is ... drum roll ... J.T. O'Sullivan?!

Dear God.

Elsewhere
-- Like I said yesterday, go away.

-- Excitement abound.

-- You know, it's probably good to do criminal checks on high school refs. Just an idea ...

-- Pitt got a verbal commitment from 6-7 forward J.J. Richardson yesterday. Looks like Pitt was the best school on his list.

-- Speaking of which, I'm a little late on this one: Pitt released its schedule for the 2008-09 season. Just from glancing at the games, I'll say 27-4 in the regular season, 14-4 in the Big East. I'm serious, folks. Pay attention to these guys.

-- You have to wonder why they didn't let him unload, though.

-- Just wow.

-- Parting thought: Some things, like NASCAR's rise in popularity, can be explained. This? Maybe no so much. At least to me.

No comments: