Thursday, March 23, 2006

Barry Who?

I am not going to write a 27-page post about Barry Bonds because, frankly, the jerk isn't worth my time. My time? I'm a 19-year-old blogger and the childish manbeast isn't worth my two cents. What is? College basketball! *high fives*

I have to say I'm impressed with the Cinderellas this year. George Mason and Wichita State will be a fantastic matchup. Like I said in the last post, Bradley really impressed me. I'm more than excited for the big games starting Thursday. The weekend presents much more pressure-filled games and that makes it so exciting.

I will just do picks this post. I'm basically writing without thinking ahead, you know, like Scoop Jackson or something.

DUKE- LSU- I have to pick Duke because there's really no use in picking against them. LSU is good, but I think they need one more season before they are a Final Four contender. To any gamblers out there: Bet on Duke. Never go against Duke. Even if they lose occasionally, always take them until the Final Four. They actually rarely seem to win it all, but they ALWAYS make it. Duke by four.

West Virginia-TEXAS- West Virginia is my favorite team left in the field. I love shooting threes, the 1-3-1 zone and teams with lots of scrappy white guys. Who doesn't? See: The 80's Celtics. Everybody loved them. But I will say this, Texas has a lineup that could compete with the Charlotte Bobcats. PJ Tucker reminds me of Charles Barkley and, those of you who know me well, know that I hate comparing players to other players. There are always similarities but they are NEVER the same player. I'm rambling. Focus. Texas will overpower WVU but the Mountaineers will make it interesting. Texas by two.

Bradley-MEMPHIS- The Braves have had a nice week in the spotlight and they are surely not taking it for granted. I don't think Bradley is going to let up either. This game is not going to be a blow out and it's certainly going to have some interesting matchups. Who will guard Patrick O'Bryant? Marcellus Sommerville and Rodney Carney match up well...In fact, this game seems like it will come down to who knows winning more. Calipari has that edge of Jim Les in the coaching category. Memphis by three.

UCLA-GONZAGA- Yeah, I picked Gonzaga in my Final Four. Why?

OK, I really don't have an answer to that question. I thought they looked good. Adam Morrison and company score so easily that they will make any defense look poor. And Ben Howland can't get out of the Sweet 16. Remember? REMEMBER?!?! Pitt fans, I'm looking at you. Gonzaga by five.

UCONN-Washington- This game will be boring. UConn will coast. UConn by seven.

WICHITA STATE-George Mason- I know my roommate Ken disagrees with me, but I think Wichita State will win this game. They lost the BracketBuster Weekend matchup with George Mason and I think they've improved since. They will get revenge and show their big-game confidence early and often. State by six.

NOVA-BC- I actually heard someone say BC's big men will overwhelm 'Nova and BC will somehow win. What about Villanova's guards overwhelming Hinnant and company in the BC backcourt? BC has no backcourt. Jared Dudley will be taken to the cleaners by the smarter, better and quicker Randy Foye. And plus, I go by a rule: Never pick Florida or BC past the Sweet 16, they will ruin your bracket. 'Nova by 11.

GEORGETOWN-Florida- The Hoyas should've been a higher seed, but it doesn't matter because at this point, you play with the hand given. And who has done a better job doing that than Georgetown? Florida is vulnerable in the halfcourt and that's what separates the teams. G'Town by four.

I will be wrong on all of these but I like making picks because it gives you ideas as to who you should pick- everyone I pick against.

Goodnight.

No comments: