Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just a couple thoughts on a Tuesday:

Journalists dress like those involved with the topic they cover. Think about it.

A sports journalist (writers, radio guys, behind-the-scenes TV guys) dresses like a fat slob, with an alarming lack of fashion sense, mostly because they are usually fat slobs. Makes sense right? They dress like sports fans.

Of course, the exception to this rule is the empty-suit TV guys, who know about as much about sports as your dirty socks. They usually have a few suits in their rotation, plus a heavy bag of makeup and mirrors. Look harder, TV guy, maybe you'll finally figure out how to fill that empty space in your head where your brain used to be.

Other news
-- Chipotle. Is. Delicious.

-- While I think ending homelessness and poverty will be two of the greatest challenges of my generation, I do have one comment for panhandlers: Shaking a cup filled with change at me will not make me want to give you money. Period. A simple "God Bless You" would be nice. Or a song. Or even a high five. Shaking the cup just doesn't do it for me.

-- I know what you're thinking. It's either (a) I can't believe this guy just linked me to the Chipotle Web site, (b) Isn't this a sports blog? (c) Why am I still reading this? or (d) Wasn't I on Facebook?

-- There's a sleepover at SportsWorks in Pittsburgh. You're invited. Now in theory, having a sleepover with a big-time university's cheerleaders and its mascot would probably be pretty sweet. A couple brews. Maybe a DJ. You know, liven up the event and make things happen. Unfortunately, these are Pitt cheerleaders. Tough luck guys ...

-- Know who I'm sick of? Michael Phelps. He makes me wallow. Nobody likes wallowing.

-- All. Senior. Citizens. Should. Have. Life Alert.

-- Yes, I did just link you to a page on which former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop is featured prominently. Seriously, look at that facial hair. Would you really ever want that guy operating on your kids (he was a pediatric surgeon)?

-- It's never too early for hoops. Especially Big East hoops.

-- Parting thought: Byron Leftwich should start over Ben Roethlisberger. There. I said it.











... Gotcha!

No comments: