Thursday, August 14, 2008

So I went to a Nationals game last night ...


The Washington Nationals are 44-77. I had never been to a game at Nationals Park before. I had never seen the Nationals play. Needless to say, now I know why they are 33 games under .500.

The Mets scored eight runs in the third inning en route to a 12-0 pummeling of the Nats last night.

A few observations from last night's game, at which I stayed all the way through.

-- Mets fans are insufferable. Their team hasn't done anything in 22 years, yet they act like Yankees and Red Sox fans. Win something -- heck, even the division -- then get back to me.

-- The Nats are seriously the worst team I've ever seen. Last night's game was awful.
-- Just a random observation: If your team isn't playing at the game that you are attending, don't wear the full get-up. I can understand a hat, a T-shirt, a fleece or hoodie, some kind of embroidered pants or something along those lines. But to feature at least two of the aforementioned articles is too much. Last night, I saw a girl with a Red Sox hat, Red Sox T-shirt and a Red Sox bracelet thing. Too much.
-- Nats Park is nice. A little bandboxish but still nice. The fans are silent. I guess I can't blame them.
-- Ryan Zimmerman won't be there much longer at the rate the Nats are going. You can't blame him. He looked like a kid at a rained-out birthday party last night.
-- A hot dog -- any hot dog -- should never be $4.50. And a soda shouldn't be $4.50. Ever. That is not OK.
-- Parting thought: Will I be back to Nats Park this season? You bet.

No comments: