Friday, January 16, 2009

Here Comes Louisville ...


It's Louisville's turn to take a shot at No. 1 tomorrow when it hosts your No. 1 Pitt Panthers at Freedom Hall.

I hate to say it, but Pitt might be ready for a good whooping. We all know how the Panthers operate -- start fast, go undefeated into January, win a few tough games, then get blown out by a really good team.

Louisville might be that team. The Cardinals are hitting their stride at the right time -- as usual -- and seem primed for a showdown with Pitt.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. But you heard that it could here first.

Predictions for the weekend
-- There will not be another emergency landing in the Hudson River this weekend.

-- The Cardinals beat the Eagles. I'll call it 31-24.

-- The Ravens beat the Steelers, 20-13.

-- I receive some form of angry comment from at least one of my Pittsburgh/Philadelphia friends.

-- I will sleep 12 hours into Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

-- Inauguration proceedings will not be that bad.

-- Paul Blart: Mall Cop will be awesome.

-- And I will eat at least half a box of Lucky Charms.

Some of these predictions I can control. Others I cannot.

Anyway, check out the work I've been doing lately over at MVN.

No comments: